Unlike carburetors, engines with fuel injection system are economical, environmentally friendly, more reliable, do not require frequent adjustments. But the power system also needs cleaning, although much less often than constantly clogging the carburetor. Flushing the injector is an integral part of car maintenance. When the engine is running on fuel, even of good quality, the injection system is gradually contaminated. Contained in gasoline chemical elements and their compounds at high engine temperatures are converted into varnish and washable deposits. And the use of low-quality gasoline accelerates the process of clogging the injector.
Symptoms of a dirty injector:
- Reduced power and intake
- Unstable idling
- Accelerations in overclocking mode
In a clogged nozzle, productivity decreases, the direction and shape of the spray torch change. The purpose of the injector flushing service is to remove deposits and resins.
The results of the injector flushing service are:
- Reduction of coke deposits in the working part of the nozzles
- Restoration of gasoline spray quality
- Improving the balance of compression on the cylinders
- A more accurate ratio of fuel and air mixture
- Restoration of CO and CH content in exhaust gases
- Improving combustion and increasing engine efficiency
- Restoration of parameters of operation of the engine at idling
- Improved cold start
- Reduce fuel consumption
- Increasing the service life of the injector, valves and all other parts of the fuel system
The recommended frequency of flushing the injector – 20-30 thousand kilometers or when there is a problem with poor performance of the injection system from the use of poor quality gasoline.
The work is carried out on a highly efficient stand for diagnostics and cleaning of the fuel supply channel of electric valve injectors, the technology of which is based on hydrodynamic cavitation.
The physical mechanism of this technology is the appearance of vapor bubbles in the liquid flow at a sharp pressure of the injector valve and the subsequent collapse of the bubbles under the pressure of the liquid environment called hydrodynamic cavitation, which cleans the fuel supply channel of the injector. The resistance of injector windings, productivity and mechanical properties of on-off are checked on the stand.